Thursday, February 10, 2011

Confession

As many of you know I am newly a Christian, which has been amazing!! I have come to a conclusion over the past few days though. This blog and my weight loss journey has become my idol. I'm constantly thinking about what to eat, what to write, how many followers I have instead of thinking about Jesus, reading my scriptures and praying. Now I know that I can do both in my life but that's not what I have been doing. I wake up every morning and immediately go to my reader. I read over all the blog postings about weight loss and pass over the blogs about Jesus and scriptures. I do the same thing in my email.

I'm happy that I'm so motivated with this journey but I'm not happy that it has taken over my life. I need to put Jesus first and all other things will come. Hope everyone has an amazing day!!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I have felt that same way. At the beginning of the weight loss journey you become so consumed with eating right, etc. It will get easier and not all so consuming. Funny you write this post b/c I have felt the same way. I am neglecting other things in my life as well! Good luck...you will get through it.

    Why not make a menu plan for a day or a few days (0r even a week) then follow that. It may take a little time the first time...but again...it will get easier!

    ReplyDelete