Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feeling Good

I'm feeling like I'm walking on a cloud!! Lost almost 5 lbs and had a wonderful Valentines Day with my family!! It's amazing how losing weight makes you feel so much better!! I know it's just the beginning and there are going to be bumps in the road but right now I'm feeling wonderful!!

I was listening to my local christian radio station the other day and they were talking to a local pastor who was talking about how we are so hard on ourselves. He made a really good point and that point is this. When a baby takes it's first step what do we do? We hug them, clap, video tape and just rejoice in how remarkable they are, but when we lose only 1 lb in a week what do we do? We put ourselves down; why didn't I lose more, maybe I should just quit. Maybe we should treat ourselves more like that baby, each little lb is a miracle and we should rejoice in that!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday and we can all learn to rejoice in each of our baby steps!!

4 comments:

  1. Here is me celebrating your 5lb weight loss..."clap Clap clap" I would be equally excited if it was a 1 lb loss. I agree with what the pastor was saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 5 lbs! I'll be lucky if I don't GAIN 5 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very proud of you...Not so proud of myself that I just ate half the goodies you brought me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!!! Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing wonderfully!! I should be as good as you.

    ReplyDelete